News & Events
- Jury trials are suspended but the Alaska Court System is still issuing a reduced number of jury summons - AlaskasNewsSource.com (December 21, 2020)
- Press Release - Presiding Judges Appointed for 2021 (December 17, 2020)
- Press Release - Chief Justice Bolger Appoints Judge Marjorie K. Allard as Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals (December 17, 2020)
- Statement from the Alaska Supreme Court
- SCAM ALERT: The Alaska State Troopers have received reports of a recent scam involving unknown individuals who claim to be Alaska State Troopers or other law enforcement. These individuals have called citizens in our communities in an effort to gain personal information and extort money. The Alaska State Troopers will NOT call your residence, business, or place of employment to collect unpaid debts, bail, court judgments, or other monetary instruments. Citizens are encouraged not to provide personal information to anyone over the phone. If you are in question of the validity of a law enforcement officer or their requests, citizens should get the name of the alleged officer and call their local police agency to verify their identity. (July 30, 2019)
- Press Release: Alaska Court System Warns of Juror Scam (December 1, 2017)
- Press Release: Alaska Court System Warns of Juror Scam (April 7, 2017)
- Press Release: Alaska Court System Warns of Email and Phone Scam
- U.S. District Courts (Federal): Jury Duty Scams
- Social Security Numbers: Alaska Court System jury clerks will not ask you for your social security number. If someone contacts you and asks you for your social security number on behalf of the court, it is not legitimate.
- ALERT: Email Scam regarding Appellate Case - The Alaska Court System has learned of an e-mail scam where recipients receive a notice requiring an appearance before our appellate court in a case involving illegal software usage. The email purports to be from law firm Bingham McCutchen. This email was not issued by that law firm, nor by the Alaska courts. You should not open the email or respond.