Law Library Databases & eBooks
The law library offers free WestlawNext via law library computers in the following court locations:
Use WestlawNext to:
- perform full-text searches
- access documents using West's key number system
- retrieve documents by citation or title
- print, download, or e-mail documents to yourself
- cite check your research using KeyCite
Available databases include:
- Alaska materials including cases, briefs, statutes, rules, administrative code, attorney general opinions and Bar Association ethics opinions
- All federal and state cases
- All federal and state statutes, including historical
- All federal and all available state regulations
- All state and federal court rules
- U.S. Supreme Court briefs and oral argument transcripts
- Journals and law reviews
- American Law Reports (A.L.R.) 2d-6th and Fed
- Corpus Juris Secundum (C.J.S.)
- American Jurisprudence (Am. Jur.) 2d
- Am. Jur. Legal Forms
- Am. Jur. Pleading& Practice Forms
- Uniform Laws Annotated (U.L.A.)
- Jury Verdicts
- Westlaw Bulletins (a current awareness tool)
Research Assistance: WestlawNext Reference Attorney hotline: 1-800-REF-ATTYIf you need assistance with WestlawNext, please email or contact the library staff.
See the eBooks research tip for more information.
NCLC Digital Library offers the online version of all 20 of the National Consumer Law Center's Consumer Rights Treatises, plus sample pleadings, practice aids, and primary sources.
- Debtor Rights
- Deception & Warranties
- Consumer Litigation
- Credit & Banking
HeinOnline is an image-based database that contains hundreds of legal periodicals; federal materials such as the Congressional Record, the Federal Register, and the Statutes at Large; and state materials like session laws and subject compilations of state laws from all 50 states. All content consists of scanned images of the original printed editions. This allows you to view the content as it originally appeared in print complete with page numbers and pictures.
Most collections on HeinOnline provide coverage back to inception, which means you can find and search the entire run of most publications, though the most recent editions are sometimes unavailable due to licensing restrictions.email or contact the library staff.
Legal periodicals are available on all library computers on HeinOnline and on WestlawNext. Most journal coverage on HeinOnline begins with v.1; WestlawNext coverage generally starts with the mid-1980s. Periodicals are available on HeinOnline in the Law Journal Library. On WestlawNext, search the database Law Reviews & Journals.
Law Journal Library One Box Citation Widget (for use on law library or court computers only)
Legal journals are also available on the internet through the American Bar Association’s Legal Technology Resource Center search engine. Non-legal periodicals are available online for Alaska Residents on the Digital Pipeline, provided by the State Library.
Provides access to full-text legal reference books published by Nolo Press, and thousands of legal forms. Available at all Law Library locations. Court staff may access the Legal Information Reference Center using any court computer.
- Business& Corporations
- Family Affairs & Divorce
- Immigration& Travel
- Money& Financial Planning
- Patents, Copyrights & Trademarks
- Property & Real Estate
- Rights & Disputes
- Wills & Estate Planning
Tax Research - available at all Law Library locations
Court staff may access the CCH Intelliconnect using any court computer.