Restorative Justice Programs
All Agreements, Calendar, and Forms & Instructions are Adobe Acrobat PDF documents unless otherwise indicated.
Restorative Justice Programs are programs used by tribes, ethnic groups and other communities using an often non-Western process that enables members of the group collectively to respond to and to repair the harm caused by a crime by talking about what happened, the crime's aftermath, and its implications for the future and then arriving at a consensus as to the appropriate consequences for the offender. Restorative Justice Programs include, but are not limited to, circle sentencing, family group conferencing, reparative boards, and victim/offender mediation.
Criminal Rule 11(i) and Delinquency Rule 23(f) authorize judges to refer cases to a restorative justice program unless the victim(s), the prosecutor, or the defendant(s) object to a referral. The referral enables the program participants to collectively propose sentencing requirements or to give other recommendations to the court.
- Central Council Tlingit and Haida Indian Tribes of Alaska
- Chickaloon Native Village
- Hmong Center of Alaska
- Kenaitze Ts'iłq'u Circle
- Koyukuk Native Village
- Louden Tribal Council
- Mentasta Traditional Council
- Native Village of Eyak
- Native Village of Kluti-Kaah
- Native Village of Minto
- Native Village of Ruby
- Native Village of Shishmaref
- Nikolai Village
- Nulato Village
- Polynesian Community
- Qagan Tayagungin Tribe of Sand Point
- The Sun'aq Tribe
- Traditional Council of Togiak
- Village of Solomon
This report lists criminal charges filed in the last seven days. A person who has criminal charges filed against him or her may not be convicted of the charges. Charges may also be amended or dismissed as the case progresses. Do not assume that a person listed in this report is the person you are looking for without at least confirming that the date of birth is the same. The court system cautions employers, credit agencies, and others to verify identity before taking any adverse action against a person whose name appears in this report. Check the case file for additional identifying information.
- CR-805 Request for Documents Pursuant to Restorative Justice Program
- CR-810 Intent to Conduct Restorative Justice Sentencing Proceeding
- CR-820 Notification of Sentencing Pursuant to Restorative Justice Program
- CR-825 Sentencing Recommendation Pursuant to Restorative Justice Program
- Flowchart - Referring a Case to the Restorative Justice Program