Statewide Court Administration
As provided by Article IV, section 16 of the Constitution of Alaska, the Alaska Supreme Court appoints an administrative director to supervise the administrative operations of the judicial system. Christine Johnson has been the administrative director since 2009. Ms. Johnson is assisted by deputy director Doug Wooliver and 84 employees in the administrative office of the court.
The specific responsibilities of the administrative director and the administrative office are outlined in Rule 1 of the Alaska Court System Rules of Administration. These include supervising the administrative operations of the court and advising the chief justice and the Supreme Court in all matters not adjudicatory in nature. Sections within the administrative office include: Facilities, Fiscal Operations (including Accounting, Supply, Print Shop, Micrographics and Procurement), Legal and Legislative Liaison services, Mediation Projects Coordination, Judicial Education, Human Resources, Court Rules, Law Libraries and Information Systems (Technology).
Final Technical Assistance Report
Forms and Instructions
- CR-368 ANCH Prosecution Pretrial Discovery Report
- CR-369 ANCH Defense Pretrial Discovery Report
- CR-370 ANCH Felony Case Pretrial Order
- CR-374 ANCH Supplemental Information Re Anchorage Felony Pretrial Order
- Policy to Monitor and Assess Improvements in Felony Caseload Management
- Anchorage Grand Jury Utilization 2009